25minutes cooking time
- 500g ready made short crust pastry
- 100g Cherry Tomatoes
- 100g Mozzarella
- 4 Fresh Figs
- 3 Tbsp red pesto
- 1 Tbsp runny honey
- 1 Tsp fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 200c
- On a large sheet of lightly floured baking paper, roll out the pastry to approximately 30cm diameter and about the thickness of a pound coin.
- Slide baking paper and pastry onto a baking sheet.
- Spread the red pesto over the pastry leaving a 5cm boarder.
- Scatter the tomatoes, figs and cheese on top of the red pesto.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with fresh thyme.
- Fold the uncovered pastry over the filling to create the sides of the galette.
- Brush the rim of the pastry with milk.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the crust is golden.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and serve warm.
This recipe and strategy for 'Family Style' eating is a collaboration between Katy Ashworth and Neil Welsh. Katy presents the Cbeebies flagship cookery show €˜I Can Cook' and is a mother who is passionate about healthy living. Neil works with parents of fussy eaters, helping them win their battles with their fussy eaters whilst building a solid food foundation for kids for life. More information can be found at www.progressivefamilyfood.com
Neil at Progressive Family Food
Neil works with parents of fussy eaters, helping them win their battles with their fussy eaters whilst building a solid food foundation for kids for life. More information can be found at www.progressivefamilyfood.com.