Carrot Cake with Orange Mascarpone Cream
35-40minutes cooking time
- 300g grated carrots
- 200g sultanas
- 1x 200g tin pineapple, drained and chopped
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 300g plain flour, sieved
- ¼ tsp salt
- 400g caster sugar
- 300ml vegetable oil
- 4 unbeaten eggs
- 1 tub of mascarpone cheese
- Grated zest and juice from 1 orange
- Sugar to taste
- Segmented fresh orange
- Place all the ingredients in the mixing bowl and mix until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and lined tin and bake at 160°C for 35-40 minutes.
- Test with a skewer to check if cooked. The skewer must be dry and clean when drawn out of the mix.
- Whisk up mascarpone cheese with orange juice and zest and sweeten to taste.
- The finished cake is very moist.
- It's delicious served warm with the mascarpone cream and fresh orange segments.
The outstanding Elmscot Group of Day Nurseries and Kids Collective out-of-school Clubs in Altrincham, Hale, Bowdon, Sale and Timperley, run by two local mums, has just launched its second cookbook called Children's Mealtime Favourites'.
The Group is well known for its emphasis on excellent early years nutrition and the quality of the food they source, each setting winning several awards including Trafford's Healthy Setting Award' (based on the national Healthy School Award), several sector awards over the years for best nursery food and nursery chef and most recently the Soil Association's Food For Life Award' in 2016.
Updating the first cookbook, originally published 4 years ago, came about as a result of parents asking for the recipes of their children's favourite meals and on-going improvements to the recipes to reduce salt and sugar and enhance nutritional value.
These tasty fruit parcels can have any fruit inside!
Bahlsen Choco Leibniz Chocolate Tart
Treat yourself and that someone special this Valentine’s Day
With your favourite filling, this is a great pudding
Easy Peasy Strawberry Ice Cream
Easy Peasy Strawberry Ice cream is super good for you
Get 20% off Wallace & Gromit's Musical Marvel
Wallace performs his musical masterpiece My Concerto in Ee Lad with help from his faithful canine companion Gromit…what could possibly go wrong?! This interactive experience has specially created animations and a live orchestral accompaniment. Use your Raring2go! Membership to get 20% off tickets.
It’s set to be a grand day out for the whole family!
Most children love to help in the kitchen, whether it is preparing a whole meal or baking some tasty treats. We have lots of yummy recipes that the children can help with, and that the whole family can then enjoy eating. Click here to take a look at our recipe section for mealtime inspiration and cheeky goodies to try with the family this summer!!!