Tennis Tykes (the fun & educational tennis coaching and play programme for children from 2 years old)
- Monday 1.35-2.20pm – The Northern Tennis Club, Didsbury
- Wednesday 2.15-3.00pm- Bowdon Parish Centre, Bowdon
- Friday 10.00-10.45am & 10.45-11.30am – The Northern Tennis Club, Didsbury
Sessions also available in the holidays. Visit the website for more details.
Booking required: Yes, contact Caroline on 0784 3342662 or email@example.com
Cost: £6.50 per class payable termly in advance. First taster class is FREE.
Transport: Ample parking available.
Age restrictions: Suitable for toddlers aged 2 to school age.
Equipment required: All equipment is provided.
Tennis Tykes classes are aimed at 2-6 year olds, are 45 minutes long and take place at indoor venues ensuring that they are accessible to all. The class sizes are limited to 8 and there is a fun, play based approach with each session teaching and developing, agility, balance and co-ordination through the sport of tennis. The lessons are taken by qualified DBS checked coaches and specially adapted, brightly coloured mini tennis equipment is provided for the children to use at the sessions.
Classes are also available in Heaton Moor, Bramhall, Handforth and Wilmslow.
For further information on the term time classes, summer holiday camps and parties, please contact Caroline Buncall on 0784 3342662/email firstname.lastname@example.org or log onto www.tennistykes.co.uk.
Just some of the feedback from our Tennis Tykes…
- "I'd just like to express my sincere thanks for the sessions you held in school today. The children thoroughly enjoyed their lessons and it was a fantastic taster to tennis. Thank you once again, I hope you enjoyed it as much as the children did. "
Emma Kitwood (Reception class teacher) - Starbeck Primary School, Harrogate
- "We have been really impressed with how Thomas’ (aged 3) co-ordination skills have developed so quickly through the classes"
- "I can’t quite believe that following the Tennis Tykes classes, Millie (aged 3.5) is able to engage in simple hitting rallies over the net... I wish Tennis Tykes had been around when her older brother was 3"
- "Your sessions are great, in an ideal world we would run a Tennis Tykes session every week at this nursery"
- "Toby gets so excited coming to the Tennis Tykes lessons, he talks about them constantly all week and can't wait until the next lesson"
It’s only cold when you’re standing still…
Sarah from Xercise4Less gives Raring2go! some great ideas for family fun to keep fit and healthy. Don't get stuck indoors just because it is winter. Dark mornings, cold blustery evenings and it seems we would all rather reach for our duvet than even contemplate heading outdoors to get active! Remember it’s only cold when you’re standing still…
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!