.Suitable for freezing
360minutes cooking time
.140 C°, 275 F°, Gas Mark 1
- 600g Beef or Pork Ribs
- Rib Rub
- 200g Sea Salt
- 70g Dark Sugar
- 25g Mustard Powder
- 25g Smoked Paprika
- 15g Cayenne Pepper
BBQ Sauce to taste (Our chef has some brilliant handmade BBQ for sale in our shop or use your favourite kind!)
- Mix the rub ingredients together. These measurements will give you a lot more rub than you need, but you can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to six months.
- Cover ribs in rub and let them cure for three hours minimum - but overnight is best!
- Remove excess rub and heat oven to 120°C.
- Slow cook the ribs for six hours or until the meat falls from the bone. You can do this in your slow cooker on low for same amount of time. Turn the oven up to 180°C or heat the BBQ.
- Coat the ribs in BBQ sauce then cook or BBQ until bubbling and golden. Enjoy with salads, new potatoes or pull the meat from the bone and pile it into a brioche bun.