.Suitable for freezing
15minutes cooking time
.200 C°, 400 F°, Gas Mark 6
- 225g self-rising flour
- 40g Caster Sugar
- 56g butter or block margarine
- ½ Cox’s apple peeled and cubed
- ½ - 1 tsp cinnamon according to taste
- 1 egg
- 40ml milk
- Turn the oven on to 200oC fan/225 oC/Gas mark 6.
- Put the flour, sugar and butter/margarine in a large bowl and rub it in until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the cinnamon and the apple and mix gently.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl and take a bit out and put it into a separate bowl to glaze the scones before you bake them.
- Replace the egg you took out with the milk.
- Make a well in the middle of the mix and gradually add the egg mix and slowly mix to form a soft dough.
- Place the mix on a floured surface and press into a circle approximately 2.5cm deep then cut out the scones with a 6cm cutter and place on a baking sheet and glaze with the saved egg yolk.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes.