Beef or Pork Ribs
360minutes cooking time
- 600g Beef or Pork Ribs
- Rib Rub
- 200g Sea Salt
- 70g Dark Sugar
- 25g Mustard Powder
- 25g Smoked Paprika
- 15g Cayenne Pepper
- Mix the rub ingredients together. These measurements will give you a lot more rub than you need, but you can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to six months.
- Cover ribs in rub and let them cure for three hours minimum â but overnight is best!
- Remove excess rub and heat oven to 120°C.
- Slow cook the ribs for six hours or until the meat falls from the bone. You can do this in your slow cooker on low for same amount of time. Turn the oven up to 180°C or heat the BBQ.
- Coat the ribs in BBQ sauce then cook or BBQ until bubbling and golden. Enjoy with salads, new potatoes or pull the meat from the bone and pile it into a brioche bun.
Mackerel with Spinach (Macher Chorchori)
Based on the traditional Bengali dish known as ‘chorchori’ (medley) this is variation which I learnt to cook from my father
This dough recipe is perfect for savoury and sweet pizzas!
Tempura chunky cod fillet fish fingers
Posh fish finger sandwich with Serge’s tartar sauce & fries.
Mexican Chicken and Mixed Pepper Fajitas
The Elmscot Group's cookbook -Children’s Mealtime Favourites
Naughty but nice Puddings!
Check out our delicious puddings, my favourite is the limoncello trifle, not suitable for the kids, but there are some other scrummy recipes that the whole family can enjoy! Take a look in our pudding section for recipes to make summer BBQ's and eating alfresco all the more tasty! My girls LOVE the chocolate pizza - making it, but mostly eating it!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!