Spring Cupcakes - ~NatashaBakesCakes
20minutes cooking time
- 4 oz butter
- 4 oz sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz flour
- Fondant Icing
- Food Colouring
- For the Butter cream:
- 50g Icing sugar
- 10g Butter
- A splash of milk
- Mix the butter and sugar together in the big bowl until creamed.
- Put the flour in the middle-sized bowl and crack one egg in the small bowl.
- Put the cracked egg in the big bowl and mix the add one tablespoon of flour and mix then repeat until all the ingredients are in the bowl.
- Distribute in to cupcake cases and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. When you take them out of the oven stick a skewer or a sharp knife into the middle of the middle cupcake.
- Put the icing sugar and softened butter in a middle-sized bowl and mix until smooth, if the mix is too thick add a splash of milk and mix.
- Pipe or use a knife to ice the cupcakes with the buttercream icing.
- Use icing decorations, sprinkles, or other decorations to make them beautiful. We used white icing and coloured it and then cut out flower shapes for spring!
Our Editor, Victoria’s daughter Natasha has been baking with Alison, our star administrator, for several years once a week after school. Alison has fostered a love of all things baking in Natasha (now 13) and together they have been making some delicious creations. They will be sharing a recipe, along with their top tips for a show stopper bake with you each month. We hope you enjoy making these as much as they do – and eating them as much as we do!
This is their fav chocolate cake recipe – perfect for Valentine’s Day this month.
Crumble-topped Cheese & Ham muffins
Simple & different savoury scones, all the family will enjoy
So simple, and the kids LOVE it!
Blackberry and Apple Loaf
A lovely autumn loaf cake to enjoy with a cup of tea!
Chocolate Fudge Cake
This is a great chocolate cake & perfect for a celebration.
Get 20% off Wallace & Gromit's Musical Marvel
Wallace performs his musical masterpiece My Concerto in Ee Lad with help from his faithful canine companion Gromit…what could possibly go wrong?! This interactive experience has specially created animations and a live orchestral accompaniment. Use your Raring2go! Membership to get 20% off tickets.
It’s set to be a grand day out for the whole family!
Most children love to help in the kitchen, whether it is preparing a whole meal or baking some tasty treats. We have lots of yummy recipes that the children can help with, and that the whole family can then enjoy eating. Click here to take a look at our recipe section for mealtime inspiration and cheeky goodies to try with the family this summer!!!